Sports Parlor South

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New Board Please Register to Post

If your Thick Skinned & like hard-nosed Sports and or Political conversation then this steel and barbed wire cage match type of forum is for you................

Author Topic: Tenn. Baseball  (Read 165 times)

harley

• View Profile
Tenn. Baseball
« on: May 15, 2017, 06:25:07 AM »

I'm not one to bitch about the baseball program or call Basilio wanting a coach fired, I don't attend Tenn. baseball games
and have never been to one, but it looks like they will be firing the coach, didn't his son get out of Dodge already? Some
of you on here may be Tenn. baseball fans and you have a right to complain.  Will Todd Helton be the next coach? That
program is in the dumpster and it's going to take a really good coach to make it competitive again.

ButchVol

• View Profile
Re: Tenn. Baseball
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 08:12:07 AM »

I said the day that idiot Hamilton fired a coach that had been here 16 years and was the 4th winningest coach in school history that this program will not have success for decades. After 1 decade, I was right. Hamilton started the process of the destruction of UT athletics with the firing of Rod.

To you Old Timers here....TOLD YOU SO!!

harley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 10:06:45 AM »

Hamilton was a bean counter, who thought he could hire coaches.

Plumbervol

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 12:44:10 PM »

Baseball was in decline under Rod, the problem was not Rod or our present coach. We are behind the 8 ball recruiting against Vandy and we are not hot. Not enough resources are tossed at baseball for UT to compete.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 10:06:33 AM by Plumbervol »
Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living-MOTHER JONES
--------------------------------------------------------

Thunder Good-Oil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 05:35:21 AM »

I'm not one to bitch about the baseball program or call Basilio wanting a coach fired, I don't attend Tenn. baseball games
and have never been to one, but it looks like they will be firing the coach, didn't his son get out of Dodge already? Some
of you on here may be Tenn. baseball fans and you have a right to complain.  Will Todd Helton be the next coach? That
program is in the dumpster and it's going to take a really good coach to make it competitive again.

Rumors that I've heard:

KS seems to have had to leave because of a personal issue rather than getting out of Dodge before the axe comes down on Dad. Had the sound of substance abuse issues... but that's total speculation. It could just as easily be some other personal issue.

Doesn't sound like Helton will be the head coach... "possibly" Chris Burke, but that's far from a certainty. Maybe Helton stays on as an assistant. I think he's taking classes but I don't know how far he's from graduating.

A friend of mine suggests that when RD was run off, it had nothing to do with on the field performance and everything to do with how he was conducting himself off the field.

ButchVol

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 12:24:30 PM »

Rumors that I've heard:

KS seems to have had to leave because of a personal issue rather than getting out of Dodge before the axe comes down on Dad. Had the sound of substance abuse issues... but that's total speculation. It could just as easily be some other personal issue.

Doesn't sound like Helton will be the head coach... "possibly" Chris Burke, but that's far from a certainty. Maybe Helton stays on as an assistant. I think he's taking classes but I don't know how far he's from graduating.

A friend of mine suggests that when RD was run off, it had nothing to do with on the field performance and everything to do with how he was conducting himself off the field.

RD was "run off" because Hamilton wanted to be the next Foley and he thought he could take the best situation in the school's baseball history (also see Fulmer and Pearl) and make it better. The enemy of greatness is Hamilton. That is why he was run not his personal life. He got divorced. Nothing more.

Plumbervol

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 09:28:18 AM »

We hired Tony Vitello, he is an up and comer assistant. Last time around we hired a slam dunk home run in Dave Serrano yet he failed. Following UT sports we have hired 3 can't miss home run hires, Johnny Majors, Bruce Pearl and Dave Serrano. Two out of three is not bad as far as success. I hope this guy works out, baseball is in the dumpster and we have to allow him a chance to learn on the job and build some success.

TN has had mixed results hiring assistants who are great recruiters, Wade Houston failed as did Lane Kiff, Fulmer was a success. Perhaps Vitello is the exception, we shall see.
Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living-MOTHER JONES
--------------------------------------------------------

ButchVol

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 09:58:55 AM »

Baseball was in decline under Rod, the problem was not Rod or our present coach. We are behind the 8 ball recruiting against Vandy and we are not hot. Not enough resources are tossed at baseball for UT to compete.

Decline?? LOL!! By far the greatest era in UT history and not close.

2007: Record: 34-25
SEC Finish: 13-15 (4th East)
Postseason: SEC Tournament (No NCAA bid) What you don't know is to help facilitate the firing, Hamilton called a member of the selection committee and asked him to leave UT out. Fact. UT being invited that year was a no brainer.
Coach: Rod Delmonico (18th season)

At this point, Rod was the 4th all time winningest coach in SEC history.

2005: Record: 46-21
SEC Finish: 18-11 (2nd SEC East)
Postseason: College World Series
Coach: Rod Delmonico (16th season)

etc etc etc

All about Hamilton wanting to bring a Clemson guy in and try to be the next Foley.

SPS ADMIN & Webmaster-PV, PREZ&ADMIN-RUDEDOG

Copyright Sports Parlor South 2014 All Rights Reserved